Monday, March 30, 2009

Do the Hanks-y Panksy

Good morning, foodaholics!

Annie here. So I went to Hank's Oyster Bar on Friday night. REDONK DELISH! I started with a glass of a Syrah - Grenache blend from France. It was wonderful -- not too fruity but not too tannic. Their list of wines by the glass was pretty good. I also tried a Torrentes (white), which was crisp and light, after I polished off my glass of red.

Sitting down to dinner, I had a sampling of oysters from NJ, VA, and WA. The Washington State oysters weren't too briney and had a hint of sweetness -- they were definitely my fav. I also enjoyed the NJ oysters but found the VA ones a bit too fishy tasting and smelling for me. Not that they weren't fresh, I guess they were a little too potent for me.

I then tried an octopus appetizer with farro. Very tasty! For my entree I had the crabcakes, which came with fries and some coleslaw. They were delicious. Tons of fresh crab and not too much else obstructing the delicate crab flavor. The fries weren't bad either.

I can't wait to go back to Hank's and try all of the other tasty items on the menu, which I think changes frequently. I don't think they take rezzies, so get there early or be prepared to have a few drinks at the small, usually crowded, bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment